Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Love captured

I am the officially unofficial photographer of Ryan's soccer team. Please enjoy just a few of the images that I love from the game on the sidebar.

I can't believe how much the girls have grown since this past year. And I do mean emotionally. And I do mean athletically. This season we did move up a division so we are playing all new and better teams than last year. Obviously we are not winning every game but there have been some brillant games. Some awesome effort. Incredible plays.

I wish I could capture more of the intensity, the fun, the camaderie on camera but hopefully when I put the pictures all together on a DVD with music at the end of the season it will mean something.

I do realize that at this time of the girl's lives, it is truly the parents that make 90% of the decisions in their lives. We are the ones that paid the club fees, we are the ones that drive them to practice every week. We are the ones that make sure that their uniforms are clean for the games. We are the ones that buy the Gatorade. So even if the DVD means something to the parents and not the girls, I will feel validated.

The girls may just see a picture of themselves with disheveled hair, a sweaty upper lip and an awkward body pose.
The parents will see their baby pure and wonderful and perfect.

No comments: