Monday, October 30, 2006

2 anxiety causing questions

I might as well put this out there so if you so desire you can wait with me as well. Waiting. Not a good profession for me. It tends to go hand in hand with "the anxiety." You know, how some blue shirts bring out the color in your eyes. Well, waiting brings out the anxiety in me.

Luckily the waiting shouldn't be too long. But the outcome could bring on some terminal anxiety so hey! at least there is something to look forward too.

I think that the Petersons have come to some kind of life fork in the road. Maybe not but we have been given some opportunities that can change our lives and making the decision is what is causing the "a" word.

Last week Bart came home with a new job opportunity up in Idaho. Basically to go up there and do what he is doing down here. Only not for somebody but for himself. So instead of paying Brandon, his current boss, the $20 to 50,000 dollars a month and Bart taking home a decent and stable pay Bart would be the one taking home the $20 to $50,000 dollars a month. Yes, I did say a month. I myself am impressed with this amount of money. It means that I could stay home forever and we could plop money down on the table and BUY insurance. Bart is very impressed with this amount of money and goes around with green little dollar signs in his eyes. (Not his halloween costume.) I suppose that we are not up there right now because of course, it is not salary it is commission and while somebody is up there right now making this much money there is a risk. AND because we both realize our kids and ourselves have a good life right where we are. But I sense that Bart is thinking seriously about this new challenge. Do you give up happiness for more money?

So while we were looking up houses in McCall on the internet last week, Bart's secretary and his boss got into it. And the end result is that Bart no longer has a secretary/office manager/salesperson at his office. That = a job opening. Bart thinks I have been home long enough. Bart thinks it would be fabulous if I came and worked there to learn the ins and outs of his job so if and when we do move I could be a helper. If we don't move, I would be the partner when the boss gives the company over to his two main employees next year. Is it good for a marriage for spouses to work together?

2 comments:

Jen said...

It can be good for a marriage. It just depends on the dynamic between you two.

I don't know. I think I would already be in Idaho. But I think I am much more of a risk-taker now that I have had to take so many risks and I have seen a marked improvement in my quality of life after each one.

I say GO FOR IT!

Anonymous said...

If you were trading happiness for money, I would say don't do. You never can buy happiness. But really, you are trading the known (which is good) for the unknown (which you don't know what it will be). And mostly I have found that if you have made the most of your life where you are, you can make the most of it anywhere. So if there is a good reason (like money) to move and everything else fits into place and feels right, then do it! Staying in your comfort zone is comfortable, but change can be exciting! Andie is upset though!
--Carol