Saturday, October 28, 2006

Good thing I don't live in Nebraska

Sometimes my feelings will be running wild all over the place a million miles a minute and I will look up and see the mountains. So impending. So large. So immovable. They whisper to me that you don't have to move fast to be magnificent. The view will literally stop me. In my tracks. My head and my heart may even skip a beat.

I may be thinking of the beauty that is looming before me.
I may be thinking of the pioneers trying to climb their families over the hills in the snow.
I may be thinking of how I take the mountains for granted. I sometimes forget that they are there while my mind is racing and I am driving over the speed limit to get to my next engagement until I look up and they smack me in the face.

Then I can focus and for a couple more minutes I can hold it together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least the mountains don't block the view in Nebraska!!! Go Huskers!
Carol