Friday, October 06, 2006

The Ghouls are definately out and about


Cooper and his neighor friend Zach. Still too young to think it is not cool to smile for the camera.

The triple threat. Could not even bother to smile for me although I did boss them into the wagon.

This pumpkin patch is a 17 acre piece of land in the smack dab middle of our too fast growing city. All of our houses are squooshing out the farms, the horse properties, the untamed wilderness areas. And it so makes me sad. New houses just don't have enough foilage. The new neighborhoods are just naked. Today in the car we were in another part of the city and Cooper looked out the window and said "Oh, I like that house."
There was such passion in his voice I was interested to see what house he was referring to. No house in sight.
"I don't see a house, Cooper." Chase and I said in unison.
"Over there. You can't see the house but it is over there with all those trees." There was a large pocket of mature trees on one of the corners of the intersection we were out. "I like trees. I want to live in a house with trees. Mom, you like trees too. Can we live in that house?"
"Cooper, we have trees at our house now." Chase is so quick to point out wrongful thinking.
"Yea, but they are little trees. And I want big trees at my house. Mom and me like the shade. We like the tall trees, huh Mama?"

Sometimes I worry what will happen when Bart's 7 year plan comes to fruition. We will have enough money to move out of the city and have lots and lots of trees. By then Ryan will be out of the house, Chase will have just finished high school but Cooper will have to be dragged from his friends, his school, his reputation that has been firmly established here in the city. Sometimes I worry but then we have conversations like these and I think how could I doubt the love of trees?

No comments: