Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What's happening, hotstuff?

While I have flaked a bit on recording the movie of the day at the cardio cinema, I have not flaked at getting to the gym every week day. Every day, my dear friends.

My fat keeps coming along to keep me company as well. Lucky me.

Today I watched The Mask of Zorro again. However it was a different 30 minutes than the last time last week. Yesturday I watched Happy Gilmore again. That movie could probably be returned to the movie store for another 3 months. Last week I watched first 30 minutes of Prince and Me and the 2nd 30 minutes of the Prince and Me. I may have to rent the dang movie just to see the last 15 minutes and close the book.

Ryan lost her season's first soccer game this weekend. 4-2. She made one of the goals. The goalie let 2 of the other teams goal just walk on by her into the net. It was a little painful to watch. More painful to listen to some of our girl's comments about the mistakes. I mean, one of our girls actually yelled over to the side of the field to us saying "Coach, can you please put me in as goalie?" I wanted to backhand her out of the state. So I did the next best thing. Became the bitch assistant coach that told them how talking about the goalie will never happen again this season.

That felt so good that when we were leaving the movie theater after seeing Invincible I relapsed. I was pulling the car out of my parking space in the crowded parking lot and another car was waiting for me to pull out. The woman in the car was making exasperated gestures trying to get me to hurry out of my space. Folks, I am not a bad vehicle operator. I am not overly slow. I am not out of control. I was correctly cautious in making sure nobody that was walking through the parking lot was behind me and also that I was not going to hit the next line of parked cars over. The lady got very animated with her hurry up gestures so I decided that she would be better off not waiting for me to get out of my spot. "Go find another empty one so you can pull in immediately. " I told her that by simply pulling back into my spot and sitting there. Ryan, Alena, her friend, Chase and Bart were very amused by it all. It is sad that you feel powerful when being a bitch, however, you are also left with a sense of remorse that you let the inner bitch have her way. Not to mention, in front of the kids to leave a fantastic example of what not to do. They honked at us and finally, finally pulled away to go find another spot. Secretly I hoped they were late for their movie but also secretly I was relieved that the guy didn't get out of the car and start something with Bart. Because Bart does not back down. Wrong or right. He is as stubborn as..............Ryan. And the mules they both rode in on.

Chase won his pre seaon football scrimmage. I think this may be a good year for the West Jordan Mighty Mites White Team. Happiness for me is
1) Michael and Dylan and Chase are on the same team making carpool easier for me and practice a whole lot more fun for them.
2) Same coach this year who believes in having fun is the number one priority and winning the game comes second. Makes for a whole lot less crying.
3) One of Chase's teammates from last year is the son of the high school football coach. His mother is the high school football team's photographer. Every game she is out there with her 75 foot lens and camera taking pictures of the boys. And at the end of the year we get a fabulous CD with thousands of gorgeous pictures. Can you say "Happy Day about the CD again this year" boys and girls? I love my camera and it was the best one I could get without the 75 foot lens. It is 12x optical which is pretty dang good but it doesn't compare to hers.
4) Chase loves it. He does. He loves the game.
5) Bart is coaching and is involved in Chase's life. I know that Bart has risen above his father's example of parenthood by 200% already. I recognize the effort that he makes and it is unknown territory to him as far as anything he learned from his family. And you know what, I think he likes it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am so jealous of that camera. And I am so happy about your inner bitch in the parking lot.

That made me happy.