Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Bright Side

Getting up at 5 am Saturday morning.
Got to drive Bart to another 10K up in Heber, watching the sun rise, smelling the cooking pancakes and seeing the leaves changing colors already up in Park City.

Having to be back from the cabin for Chase's football game at 10:30 am.
I brought Michael, Chase, Kayla, Ryan and Cooper as well as Bart to the cabin to stay over so we could get up early for the race.

Finding out the game was changed to 1:30 pm.
That gave me the chance to go shopping with Ryan and Kayla for halloween costumes. Forced grin here. And rolled eyes.
But it is my job as a mother.

Losing the aforementioned game.
Watching Chase, Michael, and Dylan play this game. Watching the coach fathers grip their hands, hold their tongues and struggle with their language. Feeling pride.

Bart going and buying a truck that costs half our house payment. After telling me that there was no way he was going to increase his payment over his last truck.
It's not the simple life that I want to live but he can afford it.

When 4 out of 5 family members are me causing internal mostly unexplainable anxiety and general pissiness, it is recommended that I dig out the old little blue pill prescription and pop that baby. So I did. And the only reason I didn't take all 20 of them was that I honestly could not imagine being without one the following day.
At least the pills were there in the drawer. T.H.A.N.K. G.O.O.D.N.E.S.S.

Ryan slicing her foot open on a rusty nail out at the waterhole with me being the only adult there.
She was there in the water. Jumping off the diving board. Screaming with joy. None of this little "too cool for school" attitude anywhere to be seen.

Did I mention that Bart bought a truck? He has a honest to goodness spending problem and coupled with my control issues we have some serious problems.
He also bought my four wheelers without my permission and I "heart" them to death. To death. This whole weekend I just drove around with 5 little kids patterning behind me. Bart had gone hunting but he made sure he left me with not just our two four wheelers but three machines so we could all have fun at the same time.

P.S. Cooper decided to drink the hydrogen peroxide that we have been using to clean out Ryan's wound on Tuesday night. Obviously life is continuing forward as planned.
Obviously life is continuing forward as planned.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, your ability to see the bright side is great.

I loved this post. It was great!

Anonymous said...

Kim - had to catch up with your blog and drop a note to say hello!!! I hope everything is going well with you and your family - and it sounds like it is. We are still really enjoying Colorado. Life is super busy - as always, but we are taking time to enjoy it at least. I had such a great time seeing you last spring. I must come for another girl's visit. I miss you girl!!!
Love,
Amy