Friday, September 15, 2006

A running tip

Just a quick check in since I am feeling guilty about not updating.
  • Watched Spiderman at the cardio cinema today.
  • The other day I was sitting in the cabin with my father and my husband talking about running. During the conversation they just happened to drop a little running hint like it was a donut crumb on the floor. You know, a cake part of the donut without frosting on it. I picked it up and lovingly cupped it in my hand and waiting for the next time I was at the cardio cinema. I wasn't sure but I thought it might be helpful. And it was. Did you know it is harder to breathe out than in when you are running? Did you know that you must work harder to get the bad, used air out to make room for enough good air to come in? And then that allows for more energy and more endurance? I sure didn't. But maybe, just maybe it is an absolute truth theorem that holds true in life as well. You know, one only has so much brain capacity, time in life, memory in the computer's hard drive, hours in one day. If you do the hard work and eliminate the finished, used, old, bad parts that are taking up space you make room for the new, the wiser, the needed counterparts that can help revitalize and reenergize you for the long run ahead. Maybe I should listen to my father and my husband a bit more, eh?



1 comment:

Jen said...

That is verrry interesting.

I loved your donut imagery.