Friday, August 11, 2006

Too tired to make a Title

Up at 5 am again to go to the gym. I worked with the weights and I am already sore. So much for for any upper body strength that I thought I had. I was mildly excited to see the case for Batman Returns showing as playing in the cardio cinema. All this hype about Heath Ledger playing the new joker has made me want to see it again. However, when I walked in it was Red Eye that was playing.

Gag.

I didn't stay.

We did have Chase's friend birthday bash today. I took 6 boys under the age of 12 to the water park. By myself. We waited for Cooper to come home from school, picked up his five year old friend and took off.
Although he is absolutely not ready to be on his own, Cooper's new five year old attitude is "I don't need you, mom." I mean, he bumped his head a few days ago on my headboard. I said "Are you alright? That must have hurt."
His reply: "Mom, I'm five now. It's fine." brushing away my hands.
Needless to say, I spent 6 hours today chasing after a child who thought he was 11 years old and taller than the 3 feet of water I wanted him to stay in.
Water and children make my anxiety disorder seem normal. I mean, technically, you can't be too careful around water with children. Especially 83 million gallons of H2O. So, for a whole day I was a completely normal mother using her eyes in the front, back and side of her head, not letting the kids out of her sight for a moment and applying layers and layers of suntan lotion.

No comments: