Sunday, January 22, 2006

Vacancy at The Peterson Hotel

An update for the curious minds that want to know.

Last week Carla jetted away to India for 3 weeks for her work. She has known about this little jaunt for several weeks but I think she was a little nervous when she finally boarded her plane. She has called and said that all is well and things are going fine. Her room is open for the next two weeks though, if anybody has a need.

If you remember the whole habaloo about Bart's cousin from Washington that Carla wanted to come and live with us. In the end, she moved into our house the end of November. Well, she came home last week and announced that she had gotten a job back in Washington and would be leaving as soon as she fulfilled her two weeks notice. This Friday is her last day here at her work and in my house. It was quite unexpected and I find myself actually sad to see her go. Don't get me wrong. I am excited to gain a guest room with an empty closet and storage room under the guest bed. However, she is pretty fun and follows through with things. I like hanging out with her. So I wish her all the best and hopefully the comment "If things don't work out, I'll be back." won't have to come into play at all.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow! That is a lot of changes at once. Good luck to her!