Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Day After

So, yesterday was the beginning of my new year. I watched American Idol. It was great! I found out that my old boyfriend is actually married. I really liked thinking that he was not married so I am still working this out in my mind. I went to the gym and worked out. I am on the last book of the Chronicles of Narnia which makes me think of what I am going to look back on at the end of my life. (That is as big as spoiler as you get.) I have not made any new year’s resolutions yet and I feel very bad about that. I don’t want to make silly little wishes that I am not going to stand by and commit to for 365 short days. And yet knowing me, myself and I, I am afraid to put anything out there because I don’t feel like I can commit to anything long term. Long term meaning longer than 2 weeks. Not going to the gym, not reading my scriptures, not finding a new job, not working on my landscaping, not learning to play the piano again.

There. There are my resolutions. If I do not write them out like a resolution and commit to them they will just stay inside my head and float around banging on the sides of my skull until I am black and blue from the inside.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Lee is married??? How did you find out?

Jen said...

It doesn't ever occur to me to make new year's resolutions. Hmmm... have to give that some thought.