Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wicked

I was able to listen to the whole 71 minutes of the soundtrack for “Wicked” today and it did my soul good. Very good. I am still so amazed at the emotion that this soundtrack evokes. I love the storyline but I adore the music. I worship the words and how they explain the relationships in the story. I am so excited to go see it in New York. Let me say that again. I am so excited to go see it in New York. Yes, the tickets have been bought – both the airline tickets and the tickets for Wicked. We are going March 31 and staying until April 5th. My friend and her two children are going as well and lucky us! her father actually lives right outside of Manhattan and so we will be staying with him. We will be going to see the Statue of Liberty and have tickets already to go up to the Observation Deck around her head. Doing the tourist thing, we will also be visiting the Empire State Building, The Twin Towers Memorial, The National Museum of Art and the Guggenheim. We will be shopping in Little Italy and around Times Square. We will be going to a Medieval Dinner in Jersey and going to Wicked……so far. We were considering a quick trip to Boston but it doesn’t seem we can fit it all in and the two real interesting things I wanted to see in Boston were miles away from the actual city. Truly, I am not a history buff because I cannot remember dates but I am fascinated by the colonization of this country and the Revolutionary War. I wanted to go to the Salem Witch Museum and the Plymouth Plantation where they live, act, show how people used to live back then. Sigh. I need a trip to go to Williamsburg and Gettysburg. Put that right behind my trip to Italy, Thailand and Mexico.

Back to New York: My only concern is that one time seeing Wicked will not be enough. I may have to make my kids (and maybe my friends too) stand in the standing room only line just to see it again.

2 comments:

Me (BB) said...

With all your driving around, you ought to subscribe to Audible.com. I have LOVED it. I started thinking about it because of your comments on the Revolutionary War. I got 1776 from Audible. Great book. Anyway, jealous of your trip! Sounds like a blast. Bart going?

Jen said...

Wow, that sounds like a great trip. I wish I could go with you! I will have to get this soundtrack.