Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Fantasy Men

Still fuming.

He wouldn't even come sit with me at the school play today because he knew. Knew I was still pissed. Not that he was wrong.

But I am also sulking because these are the friends in the neighborhood we have chosen. I do realize that there are better men out there. (Brett, sorry. I know that there are dangling parted humans that are nice. Thanks for reminding me.) I have just got to become friends with them. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to include Bart in the decision making about men friends. But marriage works so much better this way that I find myself keeping with the tradition. I truly do miss being friends with boys, especially the boys that I would choose as friends.

You know, I always thought that I wanted a Rhett Butler man when I read "Gone with the Wind" back in high school. I mean who didn't? But truly I am finding out that I long for an Ashley type. The man who sits in his library surrounded by his books and likes watching people live their lives. A man who thinks more than does and maybe is even a little disappointed in himself about that. I adore anyone who loves words and knows the power behind them. Sigh.

Since I already have a Rhett in residence and am really not keen on parting with him I think I might just keep these feelings to myself and go watch Friends on DVD. Why? you ask. Well, I think the modern day Ashley and for those who have not read the classic is probably pretty darn close to Ross Geller.

The cool one. When he first started dating Rachel.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I shall call you. Noticed you pinged me yesterday.

We need to get you another computer so I can have access to you 24/7.

I am so sad today that I don't have Twilight and New Moon to read (literally-- I loaned them to my neighbor!).