Saturday, April 28, 2007

I should be working in the garden

Lazy is just not as fun as it was when I was a kid. Now I know that the things I am putting off I will still have to do. There is no other mother around to pick up the slack.

For some reason I can't get myself to do anything this weekend. I mean other than the mandatory things. Drive Chase to Lacrosse. Drive back home to wake up Cooper. Dress and feed Cooper and drive him to the Lacrosse game. Watch the Lacrosse game. (win)Put a band aid on Cooper's body. Drive back home. Pick up Ryan and drive to a soccer game in Bountiful. Watch the soccer game. (lose) Drive back home. Go to Cafe Rio's for lunch. Take Ryan tanning (dermological purposes only).

I know sounds busy but last night and this afternoon I haven't done anything but play games on the computer. I am even a little embarressed to have my kids happen upon me. I keep telling myself that I can take a break. That it is ok to be lazy or worthless for a little while. And really if you are just sitting there ignoring all the advice that you are giving yourself and not enjoying the time well then you might as well be doing something.

Any ideas?

2 comments:

Jen said...

That was my week last week, and I was worried too. I think we have this work ethic just hardwired.

But now I am coming out of it, and looking back, I think I was just recharging my batteries. I think that is what you are doing.

Anonymous said...

You should be writing in your blog!!! --Carol