Monday, May 01, 2006

Pictures forthcoming

I thought that my new lackadaisical lifestyle needed a few new additions so I could truly live it up to the fullest.
I got a new calling at church. One that is even EASIER than the one that I had. I don’t even have any responsibilities on Sunday anymore. Hopefully I will still make it to church after this release.
I got a new prescription of Lexapro with a bigger dosage. I do feel as though those little pills have been doing a good job. Anxiety is not causing panic attacks which I fully expected when quitting the job. Bart calls me every day and says, “How is your last Monday of work?” And I should be excited and happy. But I am not. I know quitting is the right thing to do but I am simply holding the anxiety back. I am not engaging in happiness and giggles. Maybe on Friday –the first day I am actually home and I don’t have to answer the USA TODAY phone. We will see.
I got a new pair of shoes. A pair that is a little out of my normal routine. I am usually a little less frivolous than this when it comes to buying apparel for myself but I LOVE THEM. Yes, they are flip flops and yes, I hate things between my toes but there is that cute little strappy thing in the middle of my foot that helps to keep it on so the toe has less pressure to deal with. Sharing the load. I am all for that concept. And they actually have a chunky heel so I will be a bit taller when I walk around this summer. I still adore my cowboy boots which Toby Keith got me into. I have two pairs now and wear them almost every day in the winter time. However, in the summer they are just too flippin hot.
I got a new car. Now before everyone flips out about that purchase let me say it is a used vehicle. It is a 2005 Ford Explorer with a 3rd seat. I have loved my Jeep Liberty as a single woman. However, as a soccer mom, a married to a 6 foot 2 inch tall man wife and a family trip participant I have not loved my car. It is too small. Headroom, back seat room, storage space is pretty much nonexistent for a family of 5 + a dog. So, I traded my car in for something a bit more larger. I know that is backassward at the moment with gas prices like they are but I felt really strongly that I needed to be able to put my children and their friends in the car this summer. And after this summer, no matter what happens with my and my employment status, our family is only growing….at least taller and larger. I must divulge at this point that my uterus has been doing a little girl…..or boy dance for several months now especially when I look into strollers as Friday-the new puppy- and I walk the neighborhoods everyday. It is not made better when I stop by my friend’s house and as soon as her 1 year old sees me and the dog he goes running for his stroller and I take him along and pretend he is MY baby and not my next door neighbor. But, alas, the only ONLY growing will be taller and larger as Bart has made sure there will be no little babies coming my way. (“But I am welcome to try all I want” say Bart lovingly)
I got a new countdown. After Thursday there will no longer be a countdown for days here on the job. So I had to come up with a new one. May 31st is the day that the outdoor pool opens. Again, a day that is exciting AND filled with panic. That means that I have exactly 30 days to exercise and feel secure enough to go out publicly in my bathing suit. I went to the gym 4 times last week. This weekend I also ate two dinners after 8 pm at night. I think that cancels the gym out completely. Maybe the Dairy Queen last night puts me -1 now. Suck!

No comments: