Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Beware: Summer whining ahead

As everyone is busy posting all the things they love about the up and coming season of summer I have to put my two cents in as well. Although it is a negative. And mostly due to my large amount of laziness that resides in my body. I hate shaving. I do. I can admit that most of the winter is characterized by a weekly, sometimes bi weekly shave. But wearing capris, shorts, skorts and a bathing suit au naturalle is not acceptable in my mind's eye. However shaving every day is not an activity I want to put on the docket. Why didn't I think of lasik BEFORE I quit and gave away all the surplus money?
As long as we are on the subject of legs......does anybody else just miss wearing socks? Is it because I have not grown my summer callous' or what? My feet just cry for socks. But you can't wear socks with sandals or flip flops that you wear with the aforementioned capris or shorts. So, I will just painfully press on enjoying the summer with the windows pulled open and the breeze wafting through, the cut grass smell, the whiff of the BBQ, the new fuzzy growth of the grape vines, the new recipes for homemade ice cream and try and ignore the "podiatrical" torture that is going on down below my line of vision

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think you just need a nice pedicure. That will make it all better.

Even if you give yourself one.

Quelly said...

was it you or Becky that didn't shave for a lengthy period of time? It was very impressive. Very gross but impressive none-the-less.