Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Feelings aside.......

FACT 1: Bart has decided to get a vasectomy. He has actually scheduled his surgery for Friday. This Friday. 3 days from today Friday. 72 hours from now Friday. He has been talking about getting this done for a couple of years now. One of his very good friends bit the bullet and had it done and survived so Bart decided it was an option in his life. I have encouraged him that he should share in the burden of child related pain, however, I secretly smiled as the months waxed and waned and there were no further steps taken.

FACT 2: Cooper is now 4 years old. He is no longer a baby. He will be 5 years old in June. He will be going to kindergarten next September. I have made it. I will have survived the pre-school years 3 times over. Where is my trophy?

FACT 3: Some part of me wants another baby. What percentage of me, you ask, wants another baby? I don’t know. I have been a mother for so long and used them for an excuse not to be a real person for so long I don’t know. I know that will not change with a new baby. I will go right back into my mothering mode. I also know that I LOVED being pregnant with Cooper, I LOVED having an infant, I LOVED spending money on baby things, I LOVED having a 2 year old. I LOVED having a soul around that I could shower unconditional love on. I am still biased towards my older kids but it is no longer unconditional.

FACT 4: Bart and I get pregnant with a sidelong glance. We have glasses with plastic siders to prevent such a thing from happening too often. Hee-hee. I have been living on this knowledge thinking that if I decide I have to have a baby I can get it to happen in just one occurrence. Why do I think this? Ryan was a condom baby, Chase was a birth control baby and Cooper was a first-time-we-decided-to-try-and-have-a-baby baby.

FACT 5: A man must have at least 20+ ejaculations after the vasectomy in order to remove all sperm from his testes. Most doctors will not even see you for a “sampling” for at least 8 to 12 weeks after the surgery.

FACT 6, 7 and 8: I still work full time. Ryan is 12 years old already. If it isn’t already obvious with the scheduled surgery, Bart would rather I not have another child.

FACT 9: I have to make a decision before it is made for me.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hoooooo doggy!

Holy sh*t!

I wasn't expecting to read that today! What are you gonna do? Yes, yes you do need to decide... Speak now or forever hold your peace, my dear...

Anonymous said...

Can I send my 2 year old to you?? If you can survive and enjoy those crazy years - I think you should have another one! After all, you are an awesome mother and have been pulling off the full time mothering and job for a long time now. I think you should go for it! But again I ask....want my 2 year old?! Just kidding - I asked God for patience and I got her.