Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Soccer, Football, Football, Football, Soccer

Man oh man. So we put Chase in Football. Bart is a whole new father to the boy. I always knew that soccer was not his sport but I always thought that you should be interested in whatever your child did. Apparently not. Football has brought a whole new dimension to their relationship. I am still saving judgement on whether Chase will actually stick with something because it is too new for him to get bored yet. However, I am hoping.

He has practice and will have practice Monday through Friday from6 to 8 pm. (So much for family dinners.) Then on August 26th, they weigh in and get onto specific teams. The coaches are all at the practices and I am sure that they are going to do their own little draft pick after weigh in. Then we will see how enthusiastic and driven his coach is. Maybe we will continue with 2 hour daily practices.

Now don't forget. Ryan is on her soccer team that practices Tuesday, Thurday and Saturday for at least 2, 2 1/2 hours each time. She also is completely enjoying it and has made some new friends as well. I really like her coach. He just got done getting his "D" license for coaching and has some real good techniques and ideas that I didn't see in June. He is really excited about coaching and soccer and yet very soft spoken and understanding that these girls don't always eat, breath and sleep soccer. I feel the pressure of my commitment and Ryan's desire to participate but I don't feel any pressure from him like "if you don't come to practice, you don't play in the game." I know some of our friend's coaches have rules like that. Are you kidding?!?!?

I am still assistant coaching for the team so it is pretty fun to know all the girls and everything that is going on. And I feel like Bart is taking care of Chase with his sport so it is more balanced than all the other seasons when I coached Ryan and nobody was specifically there for Chase. We work the Tuesday practice but on Thursday Ryan is coached by the BYU girls soccer coach so Cooper can come and play on the playground, run around, etc, etc.

Add to this regime, Bart's triatholon training and my lame attempts at getting in shape and the number of water bottles are increasing exponentially at my house.

No comments: