Wednesday, August 31, 2005

More thoughts on blogging

There is definitely a difference between a journal and a column. I am thinking about Keri’s column in Sex in the City. Every segment was witty, fully developed, seemingly had a plot line and for sure had no grammatical errors. So far my blog has basically been a column about my life. I have not whined or bitched…….at least not without wit or mirth. There have been no sentences that just drift into nothingness even though that is a lot of my sentences to my husband. I used to keep a written journal during my teenage and college years. I tend to become more formal in my writings when I type for some reason. When I see my handwriting change, when I scribble something out, when my mind goes faster or slower than my pen it tends to become more stream of consciousness. After telling you the day to day state of my mind, you will know that nobody wants to hear or read my stream of consciousness. Talk about William Faulkner. Oh how I hated his books.

But I am finding blogging addicting. It helps me to focus on a main idea for the day or the hour. And since I don't want to be bitching and moaning and I certainly don't want to be documented that way in internet eternity I am directing my thoughts on other things beside my own inner misery. Free therapy.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nicely put. I used to get into trouble in college for reading people's journals, and now I get to do it ALL DAY LONG AND PEOPLE LIKE IT.