Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Does anyone know where to find a good multi vitamin....with caffeine supplements included?

I have totally gotten fat. This whole summer I have been enjoying the many fruits of the season--that would include ice cream in a big way. I also discovered a chocolate chip coffee cake at Einstein's Bagels that is to die for. I just have felt very non worried this season and when I feel this good I think well, why shouldn't we have ice cream today? You know that my kids would never turn it down. Bart has definately been getting bigger around the waist and so I stopped worrying about my waist. (If I had one anymore.)

Then 3 weeks ago, Bart decided that he would become a triathete. All of his hobbies are expensive. I have to say he has kept to his regiment of running, swimming or biking in the morning and then in the evening. However, does he find the time to go buy that $60 heart monitor, that $2000 bike, the $ pass to the rec center, the new work out clothes? if he is so busy training for this triathalon? I ask you that!

I really feel that not only am I having to spend a lot of our cash for his hobby but I am being forced (not verbally, I have to give him that) to get skinnier. I refuse to give up the ice cream but I have run 3 miles for the past two days. (I haven't been to the gym in a long time.) I am doing a route right now but should be off of it by the end of the week. That means that I am working during the night. That means that my excuse for sleeping in is rock solid and guilt free. After this week, I may have to get up and exercise. Those of you that know me know that getting up is not something that comes easy to me. I don't know why. I know that I used to get up very early when I was a kid (4th grade and such) and I did make it to seminary quite a bit in High School. However, as an adult getting up is a little more than I can handle when left up to me. I will make it clear here and now that never have I not gotten up for work, be it 2 am or 9 am. (I have missed out on a shower now and then.)

I always say that I wish there was some sort of instrument that could actually read your true tiredness. If your body really needed sleep or if you were just wishful yawning. (Although I am sure even without the instrument that I do that a lot now.)

Rip Van Winkle, you are my kind of man!!!

No comments: