Monday, August 08, 2005

Another Cooper story....

When Ryan and Chase were preschoolers Bart was working out of town quite a bit. And I stayed home with them or only worked a small part time job. Therefore, my two older children were really raised by their mother in their more impressionable years. This is certainly not the case with Cooper. His father is front and sharing the center with his mother, aunt Carla and his grandmothers. Not only does he learn from these many adults but he also has the mostly evil influence of the two older children. But that is another story.

Chase, Cooper, Bart and I all went to Sam's club for some groceries and dinner. By the end of the trip through the aisles, Cooper, of course, is dancing his potty dance. I take him to the bathroom where he quickly takes care of #1 and reluctantly washes his hands and heads back out to the other boys. We then sit down to eat our hot dogs and he again starts doing a little wiggling. Bart finally asks him if he pooped in his pants. "Nope" he says, "I got a.......I got a......." He is definately thinking "I got a SKIDMARK!" On the other side of the table, I start laughing and shaking my head and Chase starts asking what that would be. (I told you I was their primary influence when they were growing up.) Bart then takes our youngest into the bathroom to take care of business. I feel slightly tender toward him that he would take on this responsibility until Cooper comes running back and stands up on his chair to announce "I am free-ball-ing it right now! That means you have no underwear on!"
Again Chase is confused and says "What? What did you say? What does that mean?" (My child)
Again Cooper getting louder says "Free-ball-ing! means you have no underwear on!" (Bart's child)

And that is why we are banned from Sam's Club forever on.

1 comment:

Jen said...

OMG, that was Dooce funny. And if you have not discovered "Dooce" yet, you totally need to read her RIGHT NOW.

http://www.dooce.com