Friday, December 09, 2005

Brrring!

I have 3 messages on my cell phone I need to listen to. I abhor the cell phone. I abhor mine. I abhor Bart's two cell phones. That is right, folks. My man cannot get by on 3000 minutes a month and so must have two cell phones with 3000 minutes each to live 30 days. I do have to admit that my phone is the one charging next to our bed in our bedroom turned on for nighttime emergencies. But his is the one that consistently goes off between 6 and 7 am in the morning to start the day. Who needs an alarm clock?
Chase's newest hobby is changing my ring tone. I will be sitting in a meeting or in a store talking with someone completely oblivious to my phone ringing simply because that is not the ring that I installed two weeks ago. It is an entirely new one. Thank goodness he or I do not know how to download rings as of yet. Give him time. He is only 10.
I have found one awesome use for my phone in the past few months though. We had a short little power shortage at our house the other day. Does it surprise you that there were no working flashlights to be found? Or was it just that all the batteries had been used in remotes, game boys, etc? Anyways, the light from our 3 cell phones worked incredibly well to get around in our dark house. They are bright! In fact, I have been using it when I walk through the house at night after all the kids are in bed and I don't want to turn on any lights. A new something to add to the 72 hour kits.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is great! I am going to remember that about cell phones in the dark.