Wednesday, January 23, 2008

How this picture came about



Ryan and I went to a church function tonight and we had to have a picture taken of the two of us.

And I looked so fat in the picture. So fat. And it made me so sad. Over the beginning of the school year and the beginning of my new job I was able to lose 20 pounds. I was so nervous about teaching each and every day that I just could not eat. I hate the fact that going to the gym really does not do anything for the weight. I go to the gym at least 4 times a week. Limiting food intake is the key to weight loss. Since I have been feeling more comfortable in my class and over the holidays I have regained my appetite. The gym I am sure has helped me maintain my weight loss but I have not been able to lose anymore. I still have 20 more to go. But as I am the one looking in the mirror I know the additional 20 pounds is not all in my face and the picture taken at the church made it look like the weight was all surrounding my nose.

Pictures make me realize that I am old. This is one of the pictures we took. It is proof that my skin is old, my lips are old and my teeth need some braces.


So the evening turned into a quest of just one picture of me that was acceptable. Digital cameras come in very handy when you are searching for such an elusive treasure.

I may need to hire a professional.

1 comment:

Jen said...

you're back!

and I think you look beautiful. When I saw that picture, I was jealous of all the weight you have lost-- it didn't occur to me that you need to lose more.

i am going to the gym today!!!