Sunday, November 26, 2006

My Thoughts

This is the only book that I do this with BUT sometimes I think about scenes from The Outlander Series books with Jamie and Claire like they are memories. Not that I am Claire, I hasten to add. But I have read the books so many times and felt so much emotion with each page that I can think back on snippets and feel like I remember them from just a time ago. Obviously I do remember them from just a time ago but I was somewhere in that time sitting on a couch nursing a baby at 3 am with a book in my hand.

I can't believe Jamie and Claire are not real people.

Moving on, Ryan and I reworked the front flower bed the other day. It had been hosting a Halloween scene complete with haybales and pumpkins, ghosts and skeletons. We cleaned the haybales that were left and dug down to plant our 80 tulip bulbs. There had been a good many weed in the bed when I put the black tarp down and most of them were now dead. But there were so many roots left. Tangled together. Twisted. A weave of plant fingers. And all I could think about was how impossible it would be for The Night of the Living Dead cast members to actually break free of their coffin and rip through all the plant roots in order to make it back up to the earth's surface. I mean, gravity is not even on their side. I think I may be able to sleep with the lights off when Bart is gone now. One less thing to be scared of.

I am afraid of not getting everything done for Christmas. I have all these plans and some parts of plans already started but I am classic for dropping the ball. I started on my homemade Christmas cards in July. And we just finished them tonight. Now I have to write the Christmas letter that goes inside them. I want to have a neighborhood party at my house this season. I haven't even gotten the paper to do the invitations yet. I did buy my tree this weekend but we have not decorated it yet and we are busy for the next three nights in a row. Plus the Jazz play two nights this week.

12-2 record, baby. And those guys, unlike Jamie and Claire, are the real thing. Or so they are saying on Sportscenter.

1 comment:

Jen said...

i think about jamie and claire too.

we should exchange addresses and christmas cards this year. email me!