Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I love the idea of reincarnation

Is it already Tuesday? Ryan graduates from 7th grade today. Well, until I see the report card we will use the word graduate. Maybe I should be saying today is the last day of class for the 7th graders. I am truly dreading the report card. We may be conducting summer school here in the Peterson household.

Yesturday I was at the high school track with Bart, Chase and Cooper. I was listening to Prince's 1980s classic LET'S GO CRAZY. Do you remember that classic monologue at the beginning of that song? So many memories are connected to that. I just ached to be 18 again. Or 22. An age when I was single and unattached and looking forward to endless possibilities of what I could do with my life. The pain almost bent me over.

And then I looked over to the middle of the track where the football field was and Bart was playing football with Chase and Cooper while waiting for me to finish up. Bart was kneeling down in front of 4 year old Cooper who was dancing with excitement as they talked about their "play." The two of them had their heads together and Chase my good natured talkative son waved at me .....like he did everytime I went around. I wanted another baby at that moment so bad I would have given up my first 18 year old life even though I had just been trying to get back there. I can only hope, pray and wish that reincarnation is the way so maybe, just maybe I can get to have a single jet set life in New York and also have a 4 or 5 or 12 child family someday, some world.

No comments: