Thursday, April 13, 2006

Quittin' Day

Well, I did it. I told my boss who is really no longer my boss that I am quitting. It wasn't as tough as I thought it was going to be. Although I did have a panic attack last night. I have been doing this breathing exercise after reading an article on oxycising. Exercising by breathing. No, I don't think I am going to lose weight doing it but I was made aware of how shallow I breathe. I am trying to use all of my lung capacity. At least 5 minutes of each day. I can believe that it helps the memory, the energy, the endorphins, etc. I could not even take a full breath last night. It was painful. And it was the panic. The worry. I understand why they call worry a burden. Eventually I fought my way through it but it was weird. I survived and made it to work today to do the deed.
Musical support from the radio on the way here: Nine to Five by Dolly Parton. They won't have me where they want me after April 28th!
Living on a Prayer by BonJovi. That and Bart's paycheck only for a little while.
Let's hear it for the Man from Footloose. Bart is being very supportive through all of this.--Emotionally and now especially financially.
Give a Little Respect by Erasure. Now I will only get disrespect from my children. Not from my corporate heads.
No, really those were the songs on the radio as I was coming in.
So now I have to just make it through 2 more weeks and 1 day.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ahhh, just in time for my birthday. Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you!!!