Friday, November 04, 2005

Life changes are going on all around me. My good friend’s husband just got laid off. You can look at that as an opportunity. He was at least sitting at home watching 24 with his wife while I was at my office slogging away today. Ryan got her period today. Maybe not life changing but maybe more seeing a landmark in life occurring for her. I really don’t wish it on anyone but it had to happen and she is one of the last ones in her little group. I just got a birth announcement from a good friend who I didn’t even know was pregnant. Not only that. It was mailed from their new home in a different state. Now that is life changing. Another friend just jetted down to South America for a two week vacation. Without her kids or her husband. I haven’t been out of this country since my mission. My neighbor who quit her job at the beginning of this year just got back from South America as well. She hadn’t even unpacked her bag from her trip to Italy just the month before. I am just plain straight up, green as a lima bean, jealous. My mother and pop are going over to Korea for 2 weeks this month to tend my sister’s kids while she goes on a trip to China. Krissy, my youngest sister, is working up to getting engaged. Making fun decisions like going to the Peace Corp and whether she will ever wear a bra again. (Isn’t that one of the requirements?)
I have to admit that the end of soccer and football season is sortof life changing. We only had practice 2 times this week and I……..you see, I am pathetic. I am trying to put football and soccer FOR MY KIDS in the same category as the above. Kill me now.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, congrats on Ryan's period!