Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Corporate finger pointing

I just went into Cooper's room and kissed the sleeping child. He is so beautiful when he is motionless. Sadly I think that all mothers must be thinking that about their child and that would include Joseph's mother. Then even more sadly I realize that there are mothers that don't go kiss their kids good night.

I don't know if Joseph's mother is kissing him tonight.

I wish I knew. It would help to know what to expect tomorrow. I am going to a district screening for this child who shouldn't be in regular kindergarten. He has been. He has been in my class.

It has been a one of a kind first year experience. And just now I am learning there is more politics to this that I first understood. I am very interested to see if I have a job after tomorrow. After a very enlightening conversation tonight at soccer with another teacher I know my principal is working very hard to make sure there are fingers pointed at a lot of other people.

I think my mouth may stay firmly shut and my fingers intertwined firmly together in my pocket. Lest my middle finger gets away from me and I do some of my own lobbying with the parents.

No comments: