Thursday, March 06, 2008

Another Day Another Dollar

I am sitting here waiting for for another parent teacher conference at 3:30. And I don't know what else to write. It just seems that I put myself in a holding pattern until there is no stress. I am definitely still trying to make it about the journey instead of the destination. Being a teacher makes it even worse because there is always a goal to achieve. It is not enough to just be.

One of my team kindergarten teacher members is going out for 6 weeks to have a hysterectomy. Apparently it is very hard to find substitutes here in Utah. Could it be the pay? Could it be the low unemployment rate? Could it be the class size filled with monster students? Who knows? However it has gotten down to the wire so I pulled my little darling sister Krissy out of my back pocket. She has been thinking about going into teacher as well. However she got a really good government job so put it on the back burner for a while. Now fresh out of that career path she feels a need to follow her heart through to teaching. It is likely that come Wednesday Krissy and I will be teaching kindergarten together. Well, technically not together because we will have two different classes. Really three different classes. She will be substituting full time while I will still be working away in my afternoon only class.

I find it very odd. My mother already comes in and volunteers in my class on Friday. I have already decided that Dad will come in and teach about gardening soon as spring is coming. I envision Dan, Krissy's husband coming in to help out in her class whether it be as a firefighter or as a "class helper." Should we be thinking of renaming the school?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wait... Krissy got MARRIED???

Buschfest said...

yeah, I didn't know about that?! Anyway - I had to catch up on your life! I am missing you and your stories and love to read about how things are going with Kindgergarten this year! Mya starts next year, and I am happy to know that there are other terrors out there. Mya is truly a handful with no regard for authority either...and she is the first born. I am in trouble! Anyway, I started a blog too, which Steffan has taken over, because I am a slacker...http://thesunisshiningincolorado.blogspot.com
I hope all is well!
Amy