Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Catch 22



This life is way too short to live in this winter setting for this long. I am seriously considering moving. However, the boys had fun ice fishing the other weekend. Bart took these pictures.





They went to the lake with Grandpa Nolan and Billy and caught about 70 fish or so. Apparently perch is a trash fish so you can't throw these fish back. You must bring them home and clean them. Yes, this winter like setting that I lived in afforded me the opportunity to gut and clean 70 fish last weekend. I cut off fish heads. I deboned fillets. I saw way too many fish eggs last weekend. It seriously took 3 hours to clean all the fish. I think I have done my quota for......my life. We were going to have a good steak dinner that night but after three hours in the kitchen I had had enough of kitchen duty. We had Apollo Burger for dinner that night. It took us 3 days to let the memories fade and then we had a delicious fish fry. I do love fish.

I still hate winter and cold and dark. But the gym is definitely helping. It is not helping with the eating all the chocolate in sight but it is helping the winter blues.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wait, YOU had to clean and gut and filet the fish? What about the people who caught the fish? Hellooooo. Ugh.

But the fish fry sounds good.