Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Day After

They found Destiny yesturday night.

She was found in the basement of a neighbor. The house that backs up to her house.

She was dead.

I have had so many emotions wash over me today.

We are waiting on so many details about the murderer and how he was caught and even how long she has been dead. The family is screaming at the police about botching the job. The suspect's wife is saying he was set up. It is still just as intense as when she was missing.

Quietly, as a mother and a woman and a believer, there is simply a sigh of relief that her trial is over. I cling to the feeling .....or maybe the feeling clings to me that she is in a better place. That she is being loved and taken care of. That she has become an innocent, happy child again and nothing will ever ever hurt her again.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. We heard on the news, but I imagine it is quite different if you were actually one of the people searching for her.